Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who Needs a Gym Membership?

Not this girl! Here in South Korea, I have continually been surprised by the plethora of outdoor gym equipment available in the most unexpected of places. In many parks and along river pathways, even on the side of hiking trails, one can stop to do a few leg-ups or elliptical reps to keep the body as fit as the mind. On a gorgeous winter day, a few friends and I stopped to do just this. Here is the evidence to prove it.


One machine I have never used in my life, or ever even seen in an American gym (perhaps I was not very observant) is one in which you lift your entire body weight...and trust me folks, that is a challenge.


We were the only equipment users under the age of 70, and that is fairly normal. Leave the gym membership payments to the youngins. One good natured ajuma (those seem to be very hard to come by) was nice enough to let us take a photo of her on the machine...I believe she struggled just as much as I did.


It was a great day that left us feeling sore in our core. Thank you, South Korea, for giving me the opportunity to work out for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment