Sunday, May 8, 2011

Absurd Korean Moment #1 and #2

After 6 months of observing the strange goings on of South Koreans, I have to decided to dedicate some blogs to the extreme absurdities and oddities that I have witnessed. These are #1 and #2.

Absurd Korean Moment #1: The Man with Half a Shoe
One Sunday evening, while my friends and I were reliving our middle school days as we sat at the mall people watching, the most peculiar thing happened. An older gentleman sitting next to us began to rip the rubber soles from his sneakers...that were on his feet. He continued ripping until the soles were completely removed from the shoe. He spoke with his friend for several minutes and then stood up and walked away, leaving the soles behind...and I cannot begin to think of a rationale for this behavior.

Shout out to Kenny Yang and his amazing iPhone

Absurd Korean Moment #2: The Laziest Man I Have Ever Seen
While on the KTX train, I observed a couple in their 40s. The husband sat there like a two year old invalid while his wife fed him an entire order of ketchup dipped Burger King french fries. It only got worse when she picked his nose for him...I have no words...

No comments:

Post a Comment