Sunday, July 24, 2011

Absurd Korean Moment #5 & #6

Absurd Korean Moment #5: Dinner or Pet?


There is no greater reminder that Korea hasn't always been a first world country than seeing a chicken tied to a tree. This was right outside my apartment building and I think the correct answer is that this pretty little gal is a pet being raised to be a dinner.

Absurd Korean Moment #6: Lazy Beauty
Now that monsoon season has ended and the sun has come out to play, many women have donned their summer sandals. A new trend that I have been observing, and can with all confidence say that I don't like, is that Korean women are only painting their big toe toenails with brightly colored nail polish. Not only is that complete laziness but it looks tacky. I am well aware that my personality is always trying to find order and uniformity in this world and this beauty trend is the complete opposite of that, but would it bother any of you to look at your toes and see the beautiful color you carefully applied to your big toe sitting next to 4 plain piggies? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment