Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sunae

I am quickly learning my way around my little neighborhood of Sunae and/or Bundang. I see many interesting things on my little travels, and I have come to the conclusion that Sunae must have more playgrounds per capita than any other town in the world. All the playgrounds appear to be in great condition, and each offers different features for different interests. I have only seen one playground that restless teens have detroyed with their many cans of spray paint.
I don't know who did this, but I am glad they like Daft Punk.
One important feature of Sunae is the department store called the Lotte. This is about 4 or 5 stories of shopping greatness. It is also the subway station for my neighborhood. The basement is my gateway to many places.

Something that has been bothering me: the majority of the ads use white models.


Top: Buildings to the Right of the Lotte.
Bottom: Buildings to the Left of the Lotte.

There are many high rise apartment buildings in South Korea. Where Koreans lack any efficiency or rationale in many areas, I have to give them credit that they may have found something with the way they move. Are those pesky stairs and small elevators making your move difficult?

Never fear, the ginormous outdoor furniture elevator is here!
Just pack your boxes, open your window, and shove them out onto the giant platform waiting outside. No hassles, no gimmicks, no staircases, no elevators.


Once your belongings are loaded on the platform, the operator will push the down button, quickly and efficiently delivering your items to the moving truck on the ground below. I think this could be a good lesson for any of us who live in high rise apartments, which, at the moment I cannot think of anyone I know that does.

No comments:

Post a Comment