Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Bridish Are Coming

I am not sure how many of you have actually read the poem about Paul Revere, but it has got to be the most old fashioned English EVER. The recipe for an English class catastrophe is two parts intermediate English-level Korean children; one part old-English poem about Paul Revere. Mix these together for about two minutes until the mixture is smooth or until you receive a class full of blank stares. In an attempt to explain the most un-relatable story in the history of teaching English, I did my best to explain the main points of the story. Normally, the students have to write a summary, but since I deemed that an "unrealistic expectation," I asked them draw a comic of the Paul Revere story. One student went ABOVE and BEYOND what I had expected of them, so I wanted to share his Paul Revere comic with you here.

"Some how I know the bridish are coming."

"two lights! they are comeing by boat"

"fire - bang - bang"

"Bang - Attack!"

"they are coming"

"Attack!!! - Bang! - Bang! - Bang!"

This is the depiction of the bloody battle between the bridish and the patriots. Thank God for Paul Revere.


No comments:

Post a Comment