Sunday, October 14, 2012

I Left My Heart in Krakow

I was THIS close to passing up on the opportunity for a weekend trip to Krakow, but luckily after someone mentioned the word castle, I was easily persuaded to change my mind. After a brutal first week of teaching, it was nice to leave behind the chaos of the classroom for a romantic weekend get away...with my 4 female co-workers. Little did I know what Krakow (pronounced Krakov) had in store for me: a 3 story bunk bed, a castle, a gorgeous main square, a traditional Polish dinner of pierogi, and a gorgeous Saturday filled with sun and shopping, followed by a rainy Sunday complete with a 3 hour walking tour and no umbrella, rain boots, or raincoat. Imagining Amanda as a cranky, drowned rat does not do it justice. In spite of the weather, I had an amazing time and cannot wait to return.

The Hostel
I slept on the top...which was only scary on my way down...and felt a lot higher than it looks.
Wawel Castle







Main Square







No comments:

Post a Comment