Friday, January 14, 2011

Korean PDA

As a perpetually single woman, my opinion on PDAs of any kind is a bitter one. PDA stands for Public Displays of Affection, and I have never enjoyed seeing it, be it holding hands, hugging, or making out. I arrived in Korea to find that people don't kiss in public, so you might think there is a happy ending to this story. However, I have come to learn of a far different, far more sinister form of PDA that we shall call Korean PDA. At first glance in a crowded store, you will not see it, but when it looms closer it will hit you like a baseball bat to the forehead.
Couple's Outfits



I am not sure when "putting a ring on it" stopped being the quintessential way to show your love and devotion to one another, but it has happened in Korea. Don't get me wrong, not every couple spends hours planning their matching wardrobe, but you do see it from time to time. It is one of the strangest courting rituals I have ever witnessed with my own two eyes, and one I hope does not travel back to the states. Just becuase you have found "the one" and travel together in matching ignorant bliss, does not mean that I should be subjected to such a hokey display of affection. That is my two cents for January 15, 2011, I 'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment