Saturday, October 30, 2010

Homeless and Overwhelmed by Toiletries

As many of you may know, I decided to go on this adventure very close to the end of my lease at my last apartment. My lease ended in June, and I was lucky enough to move my things to Josselyn’s apartment for the month of July. Then I became homeless… not living on the streets as that word connotes, but I had no place to call my own, and worse yet, no bed of my own! So many awesome friends stepped up and offered to let me stay at their place and invade their homes. These past three months have been somewhat of a nomadic period for me. I would like to give a shout out to my peeps who let me stay with them: THANKS Shaunta and Emily; Melissa and Brandan; Marjorie and Brian and Ethan and Claire; and finally Julie and her wonderful parents. Just FYI, if I mention you in my blog you should probably get a manager and publicist because of impending fame.
In packing for this grand adventure, I became very overwhelmed by all the things I wanted to take with me. I knew I needed to bring lots of clothes, as Asian women and I are built incredibly differently, but it is hard to pack a ginormous suitcase and keep it under 50lbs (it topped out at 47 lbs which shows you what an awesome packer I am). I had the most trouble when it came to my toiletries. I always believed I was one of those women who lived simply without the aid of several beauty products. This experience has proven me very wrong. For example, I am addicted to my face wash. I knew I wouldn’t be able to buy it here, so I packed several bottles. I wanted to bring one of every product because I had no idea what would be available here and how quickly I could have gotten it. So I blame only myself for the weight of my bags.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the 2 nights in the luxury camper... I'm offended!

    ReplyDelete