Sunday, December 18, 2011

One Half An Orphan

At the request of my Aunt MM, I am going to restart my blog a day posts, despite my reluctance to begin again. For anyone who is not aware, my amazing Dad passed away on November 30, 2011. While he was not in good health, it was completely unexpected to everyone around him, including myself. I guess it's hard to describe how it feels to lose a parent so early, and only a handful of people can relate. Words don't do it justice, but I am devastated, utterly and absolutely devastated.


 





Imagine never seeing your dad again and knowing you didn't say goodbye. Imagine thinking about something you need to tell him, then remembering that you can't. Imagine watching girls with their dads and knowing that that will never be you. Imagine thinking about your future and then removing your dad from the image all of the important events that he was supposed to be a part of. Imagine losing your father and then multiply that pain times a trillion.

He was too young and I am too young. I still need him. Right now, I am not "ok." Sometimes I don't feel like I will ever be "ok," but hopefully with time I will find peace. Bare with me in the upcoming months as I strive to find this peace that I so desperately need. Understand that this might be a Side Note in your thoughts, but it is a recurring Headline in mine. I think about him everyday. I cry everyday. I miss him everyday. He was an amazing father with a contagious laugh and smile and a quiet brilliance that everyone respected. My life has changed forever.







2 comments:

  1. wow, I can't imagine the courage it took you to write this. Of course, now you have me crying, it's hard to see pictures because he will be missed more than words can describe. It's hard to imagine not having him around and not hearing his laugh. I am also in pain for you, it tears me apart to know how badly you are hurting, I wish I could take the pain from you.

    He loved you so much and he always will. He will always be with you in spirit but I know that will never replace having him here with you.

    I love you so much and I am so proud of you and all that you are. We will always stand by you and be by your side. WIll will always be grieving with you. I know time can heal some of the pain but it will never diminish how much you miss him.

    You know I am always just a phone call away whenever you need to talk or sometimes just to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts for you every day. You are so brave and strong- even if you don't know it or feel like it right now. There are no words to make it better and I am so sad knowing I can't help you. I just hope you can start to feel better and slowly but surely find peace.

    Love you so much BFFFE!!

    ReplyDelete