Thursday, December 29, 2011

With All My Heart

I just spent my first Christmas on this Earth without my Dad. Sunday was a really hard day for me. To be frank, the only way to get through the holidays was to ignore them. I am really missing my Dad this week. I dream about him, I think of him all day at the weirdest times, I find memories in the oddest things. Losing a loved one is a horrible process that changes your life. It is hard to pretend to be ok again when others expect you to feel better so soon. This fact made it hard for me to think of things to write about. Today, I was looking through my photos trying to find inspiration to write again, and I found this picture that I had forgotten about taking when I was home. Above his computer my Dad had two things hanging. The first is a poem that my sister had bought for him when she was little, but had been too embarrassed to give it to him. She gave it to him years later when she found it while moving. The second is the one thing my Dad told me he wanted for Christmas last year. A South Korean flag.


I still love you Dad, with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment