Friday, January 13, 2012

A Long Time Coming

In my attempt to create a more positive year filled with exploration and challenges, I have pushed back paying off my debt, and purchased my first DSLR camera. I have wanted to purchase one for several months now, but it was pushed back by tragic circumstances at the end of last year.

This week I found a Nikon on sale and researched it before I made the big plunge. I was too intimidated to open it last night, so this morning when I awoke at the unfortunate hour of 8 AM, I decided to dig into my new gear. There are a lot of features on a DSLR camera so I will be learning for quite a while, but I feel really excited about my future photos.

Below is the VERY FIRST PICTURE ever taken with my new camera. I understand that just about everything about this shot is wrong. Like I said, it is a big learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment