Monday, January 2, 2012

Sorry Bless, I'm Afraid You've Lost Your #1 Spot

No child in Korea is actually named Jenny or Billy. They have chosen those names. More likely their mothers have chosen those names for them to use while at English academy or during interaction with a foreigner. The reason for these English monikers probably stems from the lack of Foreigners who can pronounce some of the sounds in their Korean name and/or maybe a longing to feel westernized for a few hours a day.

Well, many of you have heard me talk about one of my students named Bless. If you are curious, I already asked and, yes, his family loves Jesus. Until today, he held the top spot for strangest English name of all my students. But my new student takes the cake. I even took a picture to prove that I am not making this up.


Do not envy me that I have to keep a straight face every time I call Jewelry for role or to answer a question. This is going to be a big challenge...welcome to 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment